All Southeast Asian countries involved in this project are party to the relevant international treaties and conventions, namely the UN Non-proliferation treaty to prevent the spread of nuclear weapons and weapons technology; the Chemical Weapons Convention on the prohibition of the development, production, stockpiling, and use of chemical weapons. However it should be elucidated whether all partner countries have already domesticated these conventions and created appropriate national legislation with the means to enforce compliance.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is to achieve enhanced chemical safety and security in the region, taking the country-specific baseline situation into account.
- Judicial reinforcement with respect to sound management of chemicals and their wastes
- Enhanced capacity for prevention of chemical incidents including both safety and security aspects
- Enhanced capacity for the regions' mobile detection possibilities and chemical testing laboratories
- Measures to enhance the regions' preparedness and response capacity to chemical incidents
- Measures to enhance the regions' recovery capacity after a chemical incident
- Fad an tionscadail
- Áiteanna an tionscadail
- CBRN areas
- Bio-safety/bio-securityCrisis managementLegal frameworkSafeguarding information diffusionSafety and securityWaste management
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- SEA - South East Asia
European Union External Action Service (EEAS)
- Suíomh gréasáin