The subject of the contract is the export, supply, delivery, unloading, installation, commissioning, maintenance, after-sales services by the contractor of one batch of equipment dedicated to CBRN preparedness and response in relation to detection and identification at borders of dangerous materials in the category of radiation. The batch is delivered in Algeria for a national training event.
To provide specialized equipment dedicated to CBRN preparedness and response in relation to detection and identification at borders of dangerous materials in the category of radiation.
Pedestrian radioactivity detection portal, intended to control people in airports, border posts and seaports. Standalone device must be equipped with all the features and capabilities required for effective radiation inspection:
- People are automatically inspected when walking between the pillars of the monitor
- Must be equipped with PVT gamma-ray detectors and optional Bí 0 or He-3 neutron detectors
- The radiation detection performance must meet the requirements of ANSI N42.35 and IEC 62244
- The SNM detection capability with ASTM C1169 for the detection of highly enriched uranium and Pu-23
- On-site training on using, operating and maintaining of radiation detection equipment in accordance with the technical offer for the training of personnel in charge of border control in Algeria;
- Standard test methods;
- Training, in English, at the delivery places of the equipment to cover things such as operation and maintenance of the equipment and also orientation training comprising theoretical and practical issues and comprehensive practice with the units.
After completing the training course, users will be able to operate and perform limited maintenance on the equipment without requiring assistance.
- Project duration
- 6 Jan 2020 - 5 Jan 2022
- Project locations
- CBRN areas
- Border control and monitoringCrisis managementIllicit traffickingImport/export controlLegal frameworkSafety and security
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- NAS - North Africa and Sahel