Export Controls (or Strategic Trade Controls) aim at administering and facilitating the international trade of dual-use goods, which are highly sensitive products and technologies used for either civilian or military applications. Effective Strategic Trade Control systems are a major contribution to international peace and security as they combat the proliferation of weapons of mass destruction and related materials, equipment and technologies. Export Controls create traceability, trust and business opportunities in trade and in foreign direct investment. The EU P2P Programme contributes to Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) risk mitigation and, as such, it is associated with the EU CBRN Risk Mitigation Centres of Excellence Initiative (EU CBRN CoE) and funded under Article 5.2 (programmable) of the Instrument contributing to Stability and Peace (IcSP). The Programme aims at transferring EU best practises regarding dual-use strategic trade controls and support third countries to meet their international obligations with the EU, the 1540 UN Security Council resolution and other relevant instruments
The overall objective of this programme is to contribute to the creation, consolidation or updating of effective strategic trade controls systems for dual-use goods in partner countries by continuing to offer them a long-term perspective for cooperation and mutual economic benefits of export controls standardisation.
The purpose of the EU P2P Programme is set around four specific objectives in order to:
1. increase awareness of partner countries of the risks and requirements around dual-use goods and technologies;
2. enable partner countries to be in a position to stop a shipment of listed goods and/or to stop a shipment of unlisted goods based on intelligence input;
3. increase partner countries’ capacities to be proactive in controlling dual-use items through an effective licensing process; and 4. enable partner countries to be in a position to conduct enforcement actions/investigations and prosecutions of violations.
- A projekt időtartama
- A projekt helyszínei
- AlbaniaAlgeriaArmeniaBelarusBosnia and HerzegovinaBruneiCambodiaIranKosovoLaosMalaysiaMontenegroMoroccoMyanmar/BurmaNorth MacedoniaPhilippinesSerbiaSingaporeThailandTunisiaUkraineVietnam
- CBRN areas
- Border control and monitoringCrisis managementFirst responseImport/export controlLegal frameworkPublic health impact mitigationSafety and securityTransit and trans-shipment control
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- NAS - North Africa and SahelSEA - South East AsiaSEEE - South East and Eastern Europe