This action is the continuation of previous project 41 entitled: “High risk chemical facilities and risk mitigation in the African Atlantic Façade region” which allowed achieving the following results:
- Creation of a regional multidisciplinary team (RT) composed of 31 experts;
- Acquisition of various competences through training of more than 1.000 persons on the identification of hazardous chemicals; the classification of facilities; as well as the undertaking and verification of hazard studies, pollution risk mitigation measures, emergency and recovery plans;
- Development of best practices educational modules (in French and English);
- Implementation of these good practices and recommendations on legal framework: classifications of industrial plants, country profiles, sensitization on interagency and state-industry dialogue, regional exercise, etc.
Contribute to secure the economic development of the African Atlantic Façade (AAF) and the growth of an efficient industrial sector that is not a source of risk for the population.
Develop capacities for the efficient management of chemical risks in the AAF region to ensure the:
- Prevention of major risks (accidents and/or pollution) in and outside plants containing chemicals;
- Respond quickly and adequately in the event of incidents in order to limit the impact on human health and the environment and resume a normal activity (to ensure the preservation of the economy and employment).
- Fad an tionscadail
- Áiteanna an tionscadail
- BeninCameroonCôte d’IvoireGabonLiberiaMauritaniaSenegalSierra LeoneTogo
- CBRN areas
- Crisis managementLegal frameworkPublic and infrastructure protectionPublic health impact mitigationSafety and securityWaste management
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- AAF - African Atlantic Façade
European Union External Action Service (EEAS)
- Suíomh gréasáin