15% of world traffic, all products and means of transport combined, concern dangerous goods.
They are used to power factory boilers; fill car tanks; build millions of products' components; produce pharmaceuticals, textiles, fertilizers and building materials; treat drinking and waste water; as well as to cover roads with bitumen. In one word, they help fulfil our daily needs. Transportation of dangerous goods (TDG) covers three product families: liquid petroleum products (75%); miscellaneous chemicals (20%) and gases (5%). While this type of transportation is essential, it is critical to manage associated risks.
Project 71 of the European Union Initiative of the CBRN Centres of Excellence is implemented by international experts who are dangerous goods specialists and have experience of products and procedures. The project addresses the entire chain of safety, from regulation to intervention, and covers in particular driving and other safety issues during transportation, loading/unloading operations, as well as operational procedures in case of accident.
- Support the improvement of the legal framework;
- Raise awareness and strengthen capacities of transportation entities and their staff;
- Strengthen response capacities in the event of an accident.
- Продължителност на проекта
- Местоположения на проекта
- BeninCameroonCôte d’IvoireGabonLiberiaMauritaniaMoroccoSenegalSierra LeoneTogo
- CBRN areas
- First responseLegal frameworkPost incident recoveryPublic health impact mitigationSafeguarding information diffusionSafety and securityTransit and trans-shipment control
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- AAF - African Atlantic Façade