Following the assessment of the needs of and based on discussions with the countries, this project is aimed at strengthening forensic capacities in the area of prevention of organised crime and illicit trafficking of chemical agents.
1. Improving the rapid identification of chemical agents. Strengthening of forensic capacities in the region to fight against illicit trafficking of chemical agents.
2. Enhancing information sharing with relevant organization.
3. Moreover, the training and equipment for front line customs officers aims to provide enhanced capability in the field of identification of hazardous chemical substances at borders and hence in dealing with cross-border crimes.
The project seeks to increase capabilities in monitoring and reporting of import/export activities of chemical substances. This will:
- Improve fast identification of chemical substances at the border crossings.
- Increase the level of knowledge in the field of identification of hazardous chemical substances.
- Increase the capability in monitoring and reporting of import/export activities of chemical substances.
- Increase capability in fighting against cross-border crimes.
- Improve the level of technology in the field of chemical substances identification.
- Durée du projet
- Lieux du projet
- Bosnia and HerzegovinaCambodiaCroatiaIndonesiaLaosMalaysiaMyanmar/BurmaPhilippinesSerbiaSingaporeThailandVietnam
- CBRN areas
- Border control and monitoringIllicit traffickingInvestigation and prosecution
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- SEA - South East AsiaSEEE - South East and Eastern Europe