This project aims at enhancing health security in the Mediterranean region by supporting capacity building for prevention and control of natural or man-made threats to health posed by communicable diseases through the start-up of a long-term Mediterranean Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training (MediPIET).
1. Start-up of a regional training programme aimed at creating public health work force with necessary skills in field/intervention epidemiology to meet present and future national and cross-border challenges of communicable diseases.
2. Creation of a regional network of field epidemiologists sharing experiences and best practices and easily mobilised in case of cross-border outbreaks and other health threats.
3. Transfer of knowledge and experiences from the EU, gained from more than 15 years of training field epidemiologists as part of the European Programme for Intervention Epidemiology Training (EPIET) and more recently also in Public Health Microbiology training (EUPHEM).
4. Provision of a virtual library of up-to-date bilingual (English and Arabic) training material, accessible to the network through a collaborative electronic workspace.
- Durée du projet
- Lieux du projet
- AlbaniaAlgeriaBosnia and HerzegovinaCroatiaEgyptIsraelJordanKosovoLebanonLibyaMontenegroMoroccoNorth MacedoniaPalestineSerbiaTunisiaTürkiye
- CBRN areas
- Public health impact mitigation
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- AAF - African Atlantic FaçadeMIE - Middle EastNAS - North Africa and SahelSEEE - South East and Eastern Europe
- Site web