In the field of civil protection, partner countries in the Middle East region have intensified their cooperation with each other and are willing to exchange best practices with the EU in the prevention, preparedness and response in case of an event involving dangerous materials such as chemical, biological or radiological/nuclear.
The project aims to elaborate a series of improvements in CBRN risk mitigation in partner countries in the Middle East (Iraq, Jordan and Lebanon). The work packages are as follows:
1. Knowledge development and transfer of best practice on inter-agency
2. Awareness, risk assessment, import/export monitoring and management of dangerous chemical agents.
3. Capacity building of national HAZMAT (abbreviation from HAZardous MATerials) intervention teams in emergency preparedness and response to incidents.
4. Strengthening capacities of the emergency medical service (EMS) in preparedness and response to incidents involving dangerous materials.
5. Enhancing on-site detection, sampling, sample handling and analysis capabilities for dangerous chemicals.
- Project duration
- Project locations
- CBRN areas
- First responsePublic health impact mitigationSafety and security
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- MIE - Middle East
United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Institute (UNICRI)
European Union External Action Service (EEAS)
Wojskowy Instytut Higieny i Epidemiologii im. Generała Karola Kaczkowskiego (Military Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology, Poland) (WIHE)
Fundación Internacional y para Iberoamérica de Administración y Políticas Públicas (International and Ibero-American Foundation for Administration and Public Policies) (FIIAPP)
Wojskowy Instytut Chemii i Radiometrii (Polish Military Institute of Chemistry and Radiometry) (WICHIR)