Today’s high traffic at airports, ports and ground crossings - points of entry, can play an important role in the natural or intentional spread of diseases internationally. If countries are unprepared and appropriate measures are not in place to control potential risks, the impact to public health would be adverse.
The overall objective is to increase health security within travel and transport, in a multi-sectorial approach, to minimize risks in association with natural or deliberate released hazards.
Specific objectives of the project are:
- Foster collaboration, information and knowledge sharing in disease detections at points of entry;
- Support health surveillance and public health emergency preparedness.
- Project duration
- Project locations
- AlgeriaBahrainIranIraqKuwaitOmanSaudi ArabiaUnited Arab EmiratesUzbekistanYemen
- CBRN areas
- Border control and monitoringPublic health impact mitigationTransit and trans-shipment control
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- CA - Central AsiaGCC - Gulf Cooperation Council CountriesMIE - Middle EastNAS - North Africa and Sahel
United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI )