The EU CBRN CoE Initiative covers the Middle East, the region of the Gulf Cooperation Council Countries, Central Asia, North Africa, Atlantic façade (North West Africa), Central and Eastern Africa, South East Europe and Ukraine, Moldova and South Caucasus as well as South East Asia. A network of more than 40 countries is established and its main objective is to improve national CBRN risk mitigation policies and upgrade crisis preparedness mechanisms through the implementation of concrete actions in the areas of export control of dual-use goods, illicit trafficking of CBRN materials, bio-safety and bio-security and the engagement of scientists.
Within the implementation of the CBRN Centres of Excellence initiative, the European Commission seeks to deploy 3 Technical Experts with specific qualifications and skills in each of the field of CBRN risk mitigation, to provide the beneficiary regions with local technical support.
The selected Technical Experts will be asked to mainly provide local technical assistance to the National Focal Points, National Teams, and Regional Secretariats.
The Technical Experts will be based in the following locations:
- Nairobi (Kenya) for the Eastern and Central Africa region;
- Rabat (Morocco) for the African Atlantic Façade region;
- Tbilisi (Georgia) for the South East Europe and Caucasus, Moldova and Ukraine region.
- Project duration
- Project locations
- AlbaniaArmeniaBeninBosnia and HerzegovinaBurundiCameroonCôte d’IvoireDemocratic Republic of the CongoGabonGeorgiaGhanaKenyaLiberiaMalawiMauritaniaMoldovaMontenegroMoroccoNorth MacedoniaRwandaSenegalSerbiaSeychellesTanzaniaTogoUgandaUkraineZambia
- CBRN areas
- Border control and monitoringCrisis managementDenying support for misuse and terrorismFirst responseIllicit traffickingImport/export controlInvestigation and prosecutionLegal frameworkPost incident recoveryPublic health impact mitigationSafeguarding information diffusionSafety and securityTransit and trans-shipment controlWaste management
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- AAF - African Atlantic FaçadeECA - Eastern and Central AfricaSEEE - South East and Eastern Europe