While countries in the region possess traditional forensics capabilities for investigation and preparation of court cases, it was highlighted that there is an insufficient amount of knowledge and equipment to carry out traditional forensics works in a CBRN environment, namely in the aftermath of an incident involving CBRN materials.
The overall objective of the project of which this contract will be a part is as follows:
- Strengthen existing traditional forensic capabilities in investigating CBRN incidents among police experts
- Develop a training system on forensic investigations in CBRN-related cases
- Foster the establishment of networks of CBRN and forensics-related institutions and networks of forensics experts dealing with CBRN-related investigations at the sub-regional level.
- Project duration
- Project locations
- AlbaniaArmeniaBosnia and HerzegovinaGeorgiaMoldovaMontenegroNorth MacedoniaSerbiaUkraine
- CBRN areas
- Investigation and prosecution
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- SEEE - South East and Eastern Europe