Following the assessment of the needs of and based on discussions with the countries, this project is aimed at developing knowledge in the field of chemical and biological waste management.
- Raise awareness on the security concerns associated with toxic chemical and biohazardous waste materials.
- Promote safe and secure management procedures for waste materials (toxic chemicals, sensitive biological materials) and associated equipment at the laboratory and the waste management levels.
- Reinforce the sharing and transfer of best practices on chemical and biological waste management.
- Develop a sustainable training system on the identification of categories of chemical or biological waste that could pose specific dual-use concerns in the region.
- Improve regional cooperation and harmonization with international standards on the safe and secure management chemical and biological waste.
- Project duration
- Project locations
- CBRN areas
- Waste management
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- SEA - South East Asia
United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)