The relevance of multiple issues related to the transport of dangerous good in the North Africa and Sahel region was highlighted and defined in May 2017 during the meeting of National Focal Points (NFP) of the European Union's Chemical, Biological, Radiological and Nuclear (CBRN) Risk Mitigation Centres of Excellence Initiative (EU CBRN CoE) in Brussels. In order to further discuss the topic and its regional importance, a 3-day workshop in Tunis was organised in October 2017 involving experts and the NFPs of all partner countries from the region to develop the present Terms of Reference according to their highest priorities.
1. Strengthen the legal framework by supporting partner countries to enhance the legislative and regulatory framework;
2. Develop a model traffic circulation plan focusing on TDM;
3. Improve prevention, preparedness and response by developing practical guidelines and providing training, specific workshops and exercises.
very detailed specific objectives could be developed which can be summarized as follows:
• Improving safety and security regulations for TDG;
• Improving TDG logistics and traffic planning;
• Improving prevention, preparedness and response to TDG accidents by increasing the awareness and skills of transportation entities, first responders and security services.
- CONTRACT NUMBER BUDGET START DATE END DATE DURATION 2018/399-247
- Project duration
- 17 Dec 2018 - 16 Jun 2022
- Project locations
- AlgeriaBurkina FasoMaliMoroccoNigerTunisia
- CBRN areas
- Bio-safety/bio-securityCrisis managementFirst responseImport/export controlPost incident recoveryPublic health impact mitigationSafety and securityTransit and trans-shipment controlWaste management
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- NAS - North Africa and Sahel