Following the assessment of the needs of and based on discussions with the countries, this project is aimed at providing technical support to develop guidelines, procedures and standardisation in the field of bio-safety/bio-security.
The project aims at reinforcing capacity-building in selected countries in the region, by developing a mutual and reasoned understanding of bio-safety and bio-security and promoting recommendations adapted to the specific needs of the partner countries.
This will include support for:
- Set legislations and regulations in the field of bio-safety, bio-security and laboratory management systems.
- Establish national procedures to regulate the manufacture, use, import, export, transport and storage of hazardous micro-organisms in line with international standards and guidance.
- Project duration
- 1 Jan 2013 - 31 Mar 2015
- Project locations
- BruneiCambodiaLaosMoldovaNorth MacedoniaPhilippinesSerbiaThailand
- CBRN areas
- Bio-safety/bio-securityLegal frameworkSafety and security
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- SEA - Southeast AsiaSEEE - South East and Eastern Europe