In the majority of this project’s countries, otherwise well trained first-line medical and paramedical responders and second-line hospital emergency staff and emergency medical managers may not have the skills and knowledge to respond to a CBRN event. This project contains a series of activities that will strengthen and empower CBRN Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response in SEEE.
The overall objective of the project is to strengthen and enhance medical emergency preparedness and response capabilities in the SEEE region partner countries to ensure minimization of health consequences and human losses following the CBRN accident and/or emergency.
- Develop and enhance training capabilities and competencies in CBRN Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response;
- Enhance the capacity of selected CBRN Emergency Medical Training Centres through the provision of equipment;
- Standardise procedures for CBRN Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response.
- Training the Trainers in CBRN Emergency Medical Preparedness and Response;
- National and regional training programs, workshops and exercises to test the target countries’ capabilities;
- Regional activities to strengthen health preparedness and response networks.
- On-line kick off meeting and bi-lateral conferences with all participating countries;
- In-person Fact Finding Visits (FFV) to Albania, Armenia, Georgia, Moldova, Serbia and Ukraine;
- Establishment of Regional training hubs/centres in Belgrade and Kiev, including essential equipment lists for procurement;
- Selection of 2 local experts from visited countries that will form a Regional Technical Working Group that will meet regularly throughout the life of the Project 5. Development of a first draft of the equipment list;
- Delivery in April-May 2022 of CBRN Detection and Personal Protection equipment to Ukrainian Public Health Center and Border Guards, following the Russian invasion;
- Delivery of a CBRN training manual and handbook for medical staff in Ukrainian, adopted by the UA Civil Defence.
- Looptijd project
- 18 mei 2021 - 17 mei 2025
- AlbaniaArmeniaAzerbaijanBosnia and HerzegovinaGeorgiaMoldovaMontenegroNorth MacedoniaSerbiaUkraine
- CBRN areas
- First responsePublic health impact mitigation
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- SEEE - South East and Eastern Europe