The EU P2P Export Control Programme for Dual-use Goods aims at cooperating with strategic partners to jointly enhance the effectiveness of dual-use trade control systems worldwide by sharing experiences and best practices and supporting compliance with international obligations, most notably under the UN Security Council Resolution 1540.
The project´s overall objective is to contribute to the establishment, consolidation or update of effective strategic trade control (STC) systems for dual-use goods by offering a long-term perspective for cooperation and mutual economic benefits of export controls convergence. The project offers technical and legal cooperation activities tailored to specific priorities identified with partner countries.
- Contribution to the increase of key stakeholders’ and counterparts’ awareness of the implementation and challenges of effective dual-use trade control systems;
- Contribution to the drafting, amending or updating of trade control legislation, including the adoption of national control lists;
- Contribution to the setup, implementation, review and operation of effective licensing systems, and to the enhancement of customs, investigation and prosecution procedures;
- Identification of and outreach to key stakeholders and the wider community and building of networks;
- Regular coordination and exchange with other cooperation programmes and relevant international organisations.
- Awareness raising events;
- Legal workshops;
- Case-studies and technical trainings;
- Industry and academy outreach events;
- Regional, trans-regional events and international conferences and dialogues
The project is ongoing.
- Project duration
- 1 Dec 2021 - 26 Dec 2024
- Project locations
- CBRN areas
- Border control and monitoringDenying support for misuse and terrorismIllicit traffickingImport/export controlPublic and infrastructure protectionSafety and securityTransit and trans-shipment control
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- SEA - Southeast Asia