International cooperation is essential in countering CBRN agents and materials, which know no boundaries. The EU CBRN CoE brings together 64 countries that cooperate at a regional and international level to strengthen CBRN risk mitigation and to promote a global culture of safety and security.
The CoE network supports the mitigation of and preparedness against CBRN risks by fostering good governance in the domain, enhancing regional and international multi-agency cooperation, and facilitating the transfer of best practices, among others. The bottom-up and demand-oriented nature of the activities carried out within the network, ensure that the support provided is sustainably tailored to countries’ and regions’ needs. Together, the CoE network members advance towards the shared goal of making the world a safer place.
To strengthen the Abu Dhabi EU CBRN CoE Regional Secretariat and the CoE Initiative in the Gulf Cooperation Countries (GCC) region and neighbouring countries to ensure the provision of technical assistance and the smooth running of the activities of the Regional Secretariat, as well as to facilitate the coordination of local stakeholders and information sharing, and to cooperate with the implementing bodies.
- To promote the effective operations of the Regional Secretariat for the GCC in Abu Dhabi;
- To help coordinate and implement activities by providing National Focal Points, National Teams, and other local/regional actors with needed technical assistance;
- To enhance coordination with and between local and regional stakeholders, as well as with implementing bodies and the European Union in the field of CBRN risk mitigation for the countries mentioned in Article 4.1.
- Support the preparation of at least two roundtable meeting per year or a CoE regional event is organized in the Region;
- Assist the managing, coordinating and supervising of events and activities in the Abu Dhabi Regional Secretariat;
- Provide ad-hoc short-term trainings upon request.
- Enhance and strengthen cooperation with and between National Focal Points and National Teams, including the provision of sufficient support;
- Provide support for identifying CBRN needs and risk assessments;
- Holding or assisting in workshops to develop national and regional CBRN action plans;
- Support the drafting and development of project proposals in line with country priorities.
- Project duration
- 1 Jul 2022 - 31 Jul 2023
- Project locations
- BahrainSaudi ArabiaKuwaitOmanQatarUnited Arab Emirates
- CBRN areas
- Bio-safety/bio-securityBorder control and monitoringCrisis managementDenying support for misuse and terrorismFirst responseIllicit traffickingImport/export controlInvestigation and prosecutionLegal frameworkPost incident recoveryProtection of material/facilitiesPublic and infrastructure protectionPublic health impact mitigationSafeguarding information diffusionSafety and securityTransit and trans-shipment controlWaste management
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- GCC - Gulf Cooperation Council Countries