Following the assessment of the needs of and based on discussions with the countries, this project is aimed at developing a sustainable International Network of universities and institutes for raising awareness on dual-use concerns in bio-technology.
- Develop a sustainable network of universities and research institutes to reinforce a culture of bio-safety and bio-security.
- Raise awareness of dual-use concerns in bio-technology (accidents, hazardous experiments, deliberate misuse, etc.) for academics, scientists, researchers, technicians and students.
- Foster the exchange of information, dissemination of knowledge, transfer of best practice and design of joint initiatives, both internally and externally among network participants and national agencies.
- Advocate for the incremental incorporation of training materials and agreed common standards on bio-safety and bio-security as a component of the curricula (universities) or fields of research (institutes) of the network participants.
- Project duration
- Project locations
- AlbaniaAlgeriaBurkina FasoCambodiaCroatiaEgyptGabonGeorgiaIndonesiaJordanLaosLebanonLibyaMaliMauritaniaMoldovaMoroccoMyanmar/BurmaPakistanPhilippinesSenegalSerbiaTunisiaUkraineYemen
- CBRN areas
- Safety and security
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- AAF - African Atlantic FaçadeCA - Central AsiaMIE - Middle EastNAS - North Africa and SahelSEA - South East AsiaSEEE - South East and Eastern Europe
United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
European Union External Action Service (EEAS)
The Landau Network-Fondazione Alessandro Volta (LN-FAV)
Alexandria University, Egypt (AU)
Agricultural University of Georgia (AUG)
Royal Scientific Society, Jordan (RSS)
Middle East Scientific Institute for Security, Jordan (MESIS)
National Council for Scientific Research, Lebanon (CNRS)
Ministerul Sănătății, Muncii și Protecției Sociale (Ministry of Labour and Social Protection of Moldova) (MSMPS)
University Mohamed V-Agdal, Morocco (UM5)
Faculty Sciences of Tètouan, Morocco (FS Tétouan)
Quaid-i.Azam University, Pakistan (QAU)
College of Medicine, University of the Philippines Manila (CM UPM)
Palladin Institute of Biochemistry of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (NASU)
Taiz University, Yemen (TU)
Universitàt Hamburg, Germany (UHH)
Università degli Studi di Milano Statale (University of Milan) (UNIMI)
Università degli Studi di Torino (University of Turin) (UNITO)
Delft University of Technology, the Netherlands (TU Delft)
University of Coimbra, Portugal (UC)
University of Upsala, Sweden (UU)