Following the assessment of the needs of and based on discussions with the countries, this project is aimed at developing a sustainable International Network of universities and institutes for raising awareness on dual-use concerns in bio-technology.
- Develop a sustainable network of universities and research institutes to reinforce a culture of bio-safety and bio-security.
- Raise awareness of dual-use concerns in bio-technology (accidents, hazardous experiments, deliberate misuse, etc.) for academics, scientists, researchers, technicians and students.
- Foster the exchange of information, dissemination of knowledge, transfer of best practice and design of joint initiatives, both internally and externally among network participants and national agencies.
- Advocate for the incremental incorporation of training materials and agreed common standards on bio-safety and bio-security as a component of the curricula (universities) or fields of research (institutes) of the network participants.
- AlbaniaAlgeriaBurkina FasoCambodiaCroatiaEgyptGabonGeorgiaIndonesiaJordanLaosLebanonLibyaMaliMauritaniaMoldovaMoroccoMyanmar/BurmaPakistanPhilippinesSenegalSerbiaTunisiaUkraineYemen
- CBRN areas
- Safety and security
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- AAF - African Atlantic FaçadeCA - Central AsiaMIE - Middle EastNAS - North Africa and SahelSEA - South East AsiaSEEE - South East and Eastern Europe