Following the assessment of the needs of and based on discussions with the countries, this project is aimed at developing knowledge in the field of CBRN import/export monitoring.
- Reinforce countries’ capacities in the field of import/export control (including transit and trans-shipment monitoring) through the development of dedicated procedures and guidelines to deter illegal trans-boundary shipments of CBRN hazardous materials.
- Build trust among different entities, agencies, public institutions and other stakeholders involved in the field of import/export regulation (including transit and trans-shipment monitoring) at national and regional level.
- Develop a sustainable knowledge sharing system applicable to a broad range of countries and government structures and based on a freely available package of tools on CBRN import/export (including transit and trans-shipment monitoring).
- Improve regional inter-agency cooperation and standardization with international CBRN import/export control procedures and guidelines (including transit and trans-shipment monitoring).
- Project duration
- Project locations
- AlgeriaEquatorial GuineaGabonIraqJordanKazakhstanKyrgyzstanLebanonMauritaniaMoroccoSenegalTajikistanTunisiaTurkmenistanUzbekistan
- CBRN areas
- Import/export controlTransit and trans-shipment control
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- AAF - African Atlantic FaçadeCA - Central AsiaMIE - Middle EastNAS - North Africa and Sahel
United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
European Union External Action Service (EEAS)
German Office of Economics and Export Control, Germany (BAFA)
Stockholm International Peace Research Institute (SIPRI)