The Mediterranean region, the Sahel and the Black Sea region, which include important routes of human migrations, are close neighbours of the European Union and are particularly exposed to health risks (epidemic, pandemic) and disasters (man-made or natural). These can have a serious impact on populations, resources and infrastructures and could undermine the regions’ efforts for sustainable development and increase the instability of the area. The geopolitical context of this region as well as the common new challenges such as migrants, climate changes and (re)-emerging diseases increase the burden of public health services including national laboratories.
In order to enhance health security in the region, capacity building for prevention and control of natural or man-made health threats, posed by communicable diseases is necessary.
Through the strengthening of the network of laboratories and public health institutions previously created by MediLabSecure, providing capacity building and networking activities, the purpose of this contract is to:
- strengthen and harmonize preparedness and response capacities on health threats related to (arbo)zoonotic viruses and their vectors in the target regions (O.1);
- enhance awareness of the added value of integrated surveillance, risk assessment and early warning to prevent and control epidemics and epizootics (O.2).
- Trajanje projekta
- Lokacije projekta
- AlbaniaAlgeriaArmeniaBosnia and HerzegovinaBurkina FasoEgyptGeorgiaJordanKosovoLebanonLibyaMaliMauritaniaMontenegroMoroccoNigerNorth MacedoniaPalestineSenegalSerbiaTunisiaTürkiye
- CBRN areas
- Bio-safety/bio-securityCrisis managementPublic health impact mitigationSafeguarding information diffusionSafety and security
- CBRN categories
- CoE Region
- AAF - African Atlantic FaçadeMIE - Middle EastNAS - North Africa and SahelSEEE - South East and Eastern Europe